How to add a link in the Site Map Editor (internal & external)
You can use eCatholic's Site Map Editor to easily create a link in your site's navigation menu. Here's what you need to do:
Open the Site Map Editor
- Open the Site Map Editor by clicking Site Map in the blue Admin Toolbar.
- Find the Site Map Toolbar, located at the bottom of the Site Map Editor, which contains elements you can drag and drop into the Site Map.
Drag and drop the Link element into the Site Map
- To add a link, click and drag the Link element into the Site Map Editor.
- Drop the element exactly where you want it to appear within the Site Map.
- Define the specified details.
Enter the link's name, URL, and other details
After you drop the Link element into the Site Map, a dialog box will appear prompting you to fill in the following details.
- Link Name - The title that appears in your site's navigation menu.
- Link Type - External links direct visitors to a page that is not part of your website; Internal links direct visitors to a page within your website; Document links direct visitors to a document that is hosted in your website's File Manager.
- Link to Page - Choose an internal page to link to from this drop down menu. If you choose an internal page from this detail, the Link URL dialog will automatically populate!
- Link URL - The destination to which you would like to send visitors.
- Display in Navigation - Toggle to On if you would like the link to be visible in your navigation menu.
Once you've entered all the required information, click Save to create the link.
Test your link
After adding your linked page, scroll back over it and select the preview option (magnifying glass) to test your link.
Save and exit the Site Map Editor
When you are finished working in the Site Map Editor, click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen. Click Save and Exit to leave the Site Map Editor. Then, the new link will appear on the live version of your site.