How to set up Facebook Live integration
With eCatholic LIVE, it’s simple to effortlessly publish your live video content on multiple platforms, including Facebook Live!
Here’s how to enable Facebook Live integration with your eCatholic LIVE account.
Log in to your eCatholic LIVE Admin Portal
Before you can schedule a broadcast to syndicate on Facebook Live, you must first enable the Facebook Live integration with your eCatholic LIVE account.
To access your eCatholic LIVE portal, log in to your website, click the down caret next to Websites in the upper left hand corner, and select Live Streaming.
Go to the Facebook Live Integration page
Once in your eCatholic LIVE Admin Portal:
- Locate the Syndication section (pictured below), then use the link in the Facebook Live section to get started.
- Alternatively, go to the eCatholic LIVE Tasks menu > Facebook Live Integration.
- Next, click the blue Enable Facebook Live Integration button (pictured below).
Allow eCatholic LIVE access to your Facebook profile
If you are already logged in to your personal Facebook account, the integration can be processed seamlessly.
If you are not logged in to your personal Facebook account:
- Log in to your Facebook account when prompted.
- Allow StreamSpot access to your Facebook profile and set the appropriate privacy settings.
- "StreamSpot" must be granted access because eCatholic LIVE is powered by StreamSpot software.
NOTE: The Facebook Live integration will be set up using your personal Facebook profile. However, in most cases you'll want eCatholic LIVE to publish to a Facebook Business Page you manage (e.g., the Facebook Business Page for your church or school).
During this step, you can specify the Facebook Page(s) on which eCatholic LIVE/StreamSpot will be able to publish your live video streams. As a result, you must already be set up as an Admin of the Facebook Page(s) in order for the integration to ultimately allow you to stream on those Pages.
Once complete, your eCatholic LIVE Admin Portal will verify that it successfully integrated with your Facebook profile and the Facebook Page(s) you manage! (pictured below)
Next: Schedule a broadcast and syndicate on Facebook Live
Now that you've successfully integrated your Facebook account with eCatholic LIVE, it's time to schedule a broadcast and syndicate it on Facebook Live.