Setting up OBS for live streaming with eCatholic LIVE
OBS (Open Brodcaster) is a free, multi-source software (available for PC, Mac, and Linux) that provides basic production elements for your live broadcasts.
Here's how to set up OBS for live streaming with eCatholic LIVE.
- Log in to your eCatholic LIVE Admin Portal
- Go to eCatholic LIVE Tasks > Setup Streaming Equipment
- View Setup Instructions for Open Broadcaster (OBS)
- Download OBS software + launch OBS
- Add a video capture device (camera) in the OBS Sources panel
- Plug in your custom streaming settings in OBS (i.e., your eCatholic LIVE account RTMP Address & Stream Key)
- Review your OBS broadcast settings (e.g., video bitrate and streaming resolution)