The Side Panel Editor Explained
What is the Side Panel Editor?
The Side Panel Editor (pictured below) is the settings dialog for the Headline section and contains tools that will allow you to edit and modify your Headline section. It is comprised of a blue handlebar and four distinct drop-down tabs (indicated by a down arrow), which contain specific editing tools.
You can access the Side Panel Editor in one of two ways:
- The gear icon - Click on the gear icon within the Headline section to open the Side Panel Editor (pictured below).
- Upload a photo - When a photo is uploaded to the Headline section, the Side Panel Editor will automatically open the Image Tab, so you can begin editing the section.
List of Side Panel Editor Tools
Here is a breakdown of the tools that appear in each Headline section tab. Each tool is listed in the order it appears.
Side Panel Editor Tabs
The Image Tab contains tools that allow you to edit or replace your image, as well as edit color styles of your Headline section (if applicable).
Here are the tools available in the Image Tab:
Tool Image Tool Name Tool Description Directional Cursor Move / reposition the visible area of the image Zoom In / Out Zoom in and out of the photo to adjust the visible area of the image Image Alignment Adjust the alignment of the image in the browser window Replace Image Click to upload a new image to the section Color Overlay Selector & Opacity Slider Choose a colored overlay to appear behind the text and adjust the opacity (i.e. transparency) of the selected overlay
Text + Buttons Tab
The Text + Buttons Tab contains tools that allow you to edit text paragraph styles as well as toggles to turn Headline section text on / off.
Here are the tools available in the Text + Buttons Tab:
Tool Image Tool Name Tool Description Text Justification Adjust the horizontal alignment of the text and buttons Text Alignment Adjust the vertical alignment of the text and buttons Title, Caption, Buttons Toggle Click to show / hide the title, caption, and/or buttons
The Layout Tab allows you to choose from one of seven layouts in the following three categories:
- Edge-to-Edge Layout - Display your image without any padding (i.e. white space) between the sections directly above and/or below the Headline section.
- Inset Layout - Display your image with padding (i.e. white space) between the sections directly above and/or below the Headline section.
- Text Only Layout* - This layout only includes the Title, Caption, and Button(s).
*NOTE: In the Side Panel Editor, the Text Only layout option appears as the last choice, under both the Edge-to-Edge and Inset layout options.
- Inset layouts work great for smaller images or images with a portrait (vertical) orientation.
- Use one of the Half Width layout options if you do not want the text, caption and button(s) to overlap the image.
Here are the layout options available in the Layouts Tab:
Image Layout Name Layout Description
Choose between an Edge-to-edge or Inset layout Edge-to-Edge Layouts Full Width Image extends across the full width of the screen, regardless of monitor size Two-Thirds Width Image extends across 2/3 the width of the screen, regardless of monitor size
Half Width Image extends across 1/2 the width of the screen, regardless of monitor size Inset Layouts Full Width Image extends across the full site content width
Two-Thirds Width Image extends across 2/3 the site content width
Half Width Image extends across 1/2 the site content width
Text Only Layouts Text Only Includes only title, caption, and button(s)
The Design Tab contains tools that allow you to modify the height and background styling of the Headline section.
Here are the tools available in the Design Tab:
Tool Image Tool Name Tool Description Section Height Adjust the height of the section Section Styling Use the drop-down menu to select one of the prebuilt section styling options
Ready to get stared?
If you're ready to activate the Headline section, follow this step-by-step guide!