Manage recurring transactions in the Donor Management tab
Each time a visitor creates a recurring transaction on your website, a donor account is automatically created in your Payments Center. Click on the Donor Management tab to view, edit, and manage your donor details and transactions.
Access the Donor Management tab
Click Payments in the blue Admin Toolbar to open your Payments Center. Then, click Donor Management to view a list of all donors who have initiated a recurring transaction on your site.
Edit donor details
Once in the Donor Management tab, use the Search field to locate the donor you wish to edit. Once located, click the details icon (located in the Details column, pictured below) to open an individual donor's donor details.
The Donor Details dialog allows you to edit the donor's name, member ID, email address, phone number, and address. From this dialog, you can also add an Admin Note to a donor account for your internal records or send the donor an account creation email so they can log in and manage the details of their recurring transaction(s) themselves.
NOTE: Any edited fields in the Donor Details dialog will appear highlighted in blue.
View recurring transactions and transaction history
The Donor Details dialog also lists any recurring transactions associated with that donor, as well as the donor's transaction history (pictured below).
How to edit a recurring transaction
To edit an active recurring transaction, click the magnifying glass icon (located in the Details column) for a transaction, which will open the Recurring Transaction Details dialog.
In this dialog, you can edit:
- The amount of the recurring transaction
- The frequency of the recurring transaction (Monthly, Weekly)
- The cycle (i.e., duration) of the recurring transaction (Unlimited, Limited)
- If you wish to limit the cycle and the frequency of the transaction is monthly, enter the number of months after which the recurring transaction should end in the Cycles field
- If you wish to limit the cycle and the frequency of the transaction is weekly, enter the number of weeks after which the recurring transaction should end in the Cycles field
- The status of the recurring transaction (Active, Paused)
- The expiration date of the credit card being charged
- The account or subaccount with which the recurring transaction is associated
How to transfer a recurring transaction to another donor
You can also transfer a recurring transaction to another donor within the Recurring Transaction Details dialog by using the transfer button (pictured below).
Once you click the button, you will be prompted to select a new donor for the recurring transaction. Select a donor from the list of suggested best matches or search for a specific donor.
NOTE: By default, transferring a recurring transaction to another donor will delete the old (i.e., original) donor for the transaction. If you wish to not delete the original donor, locate the "Also, delete the old donor for the transaction" check box and make sure it is not selected.