Documents module - How it works
eCatholic's Documents module allows you to easily upload and link to documents on any page of your website. Instead of manually creating text links to documents in the WYSIWYG editor, let the Documents module do the work for you!
Drag and drop the Documents module onto the page
Navigate to the page on which you would like the Documents module to appear. Then, click Add Content > Core Modules, and click to drag and drop the Documents module onto the page.
Add a document
Once the Documents module has been added to the page for the first time, it will be empty. The next step is to upload a document so that it appears in the module.
- Click the add document icon that appears when you hover your cursor over the module (pictured above). This will launch the Document dialog.
- Enter the name of the document in the Document Name field as you'd like it to appear in the module.
- Click the Add Document button to begin uploading the document. You can either:
- Click Upload to upload a new document.
- Click Choose Existing to select a document that you've already uploaded to your site's File Manager.
Once you've uploaded or selected the document, click the green Save button.
NOTE: It is best to upload and link to PDF documents (.pdf) on your site. Avoid uploading files that perform best when viewed with a specific type of software, such as Microsoft Word documents (.doc).
Organize your documents
To change the order in which multiple documents appear in the module, hover your cursor over a document, then click and drag the document into the correct order using the orange handle ( illustrated below).
Edit or delete a document
To edit the name of a document, hover your cursor over the document within the module and click the Settings icon (pictured below). To delete a document from the module, click the document's trash can icon.