How donors log in and manage their account (Donor Self-Management)
There are two ways to allow your donors to set up an account via which they can log in and manage their recurring transaction(s) with your organization:
- Manually send account creation emails to your donors (individually or in bulk) - See instructions
- Enable the Auto Send Donor Account Creation Emails setting - See instructions
Here's a breakdown of how Donor Self-Management works with your eCatholic Payments account:
Donor receives account creation email
After you've taken one of the two steps listed above, your eCatholic Payments account will automatically generate a "Create Your Account" email via which donors can set up their account.
In the email, donors will be directed to a unique page on which they can choose a username and create a password for their account (pictured below).
NOTE: Once an account has been created, a donor can go to yourdomain.com/payments at any time to log in to their account and manage their recurring transaction(s).
(e.g., If your domain is corpuschristi.org, your donors will go to corpuschristi.org/payments to log in.)
How donors manage donations
Once a donor has successfully logged in to their account, they will be able to complete the following actions in the Donations tab (pictured above).
- * Change the donation amount (site administrators can restrict a donor's ability to decrease the donation amount)
- * Change the donation frequency (e.g., monthly vs. weekly)
- * Change the donation status (e.g., pause or unpause a recurring transaction)
- Cancel recurring transaction altogether
- * Change Payment Type (e.g., from credit card to ACH)
- Change Credit Card Number
- Update Credit Card Expiration Date
- Download a PDF or CSV file of their transactions.
NOTE: If preferred, you can edit/disable the settings marked with (*) in your Payments Settings.
How donors manage account info
Donors can also click into the Account Info tab (pictured above) to edit the email address at which they receive notices of their payments, their mailing address, account password, and more.