Email notifications for eCatholic Payments
eCatholic Payments helps simplify communication between admins and donors through automatic email notifications. These notifications provide transaction status updates, expiring credit card alerts, and more.
Here is a list of all email messages sent to donors and admins:
Both one-time and recurring gift donors
- Donation receipt - If your eCatholic Payments admin has turned on the Email Receipt to Donors setting for a Donations form, donors will receive an email notification of their transaction (as well as a customizable Donor Receipt Message).
- Approved voids and refunds - When contacted, account admins can void or refund gifts if a donor makes an error while submitting. Donors will then be notified when the void and refund has been processed.
Recurring gift donors only
- New account creation - Recurring gift donors have an option to create an account for managing their gift. This occurs after a gift is sent using an online form where the type of gift selected is “recurring.” After the form is submitted and the recurring gift is accepted, the donor will then receive an email with instructions for setting up an account. (If a donor chooses not to create an account, their recurring gift will still continue.)
NOTE: To encourage donors to create a recurring gift account, admins are also able to send account creation emails from their Payments account.
Recurring donation email receipts - Donors with recurring payments will receive email receipts for every settled transaction charged to their donor account. Each email will include a link to the donor account login page (or to create a donor account) so that the donor can update the status of these email receipts or their recurring donation details.
NOTE: Beginning July 2020, the status of email receipts for every new recurring donor will be defaulted to ON. The status of any recurring donors prior to July 2020 will be defaulted to OFF but can be activated at any time in the Donor Details.
Expiring credit card - Recurring gift donors will receive an email notification at the beginning of the month their account credit card is set to expire. The email will include a link to an account login page for easily updating payment information. Those without an account will be provided a one-time login link to make their changes.
Failed automatic payment - Recurring gift donors will receive an email notification if their recurring gift does not process successfully. The email will include a link to an account login page for easily updating payment information. Those without an account will be provided a one-time login link to make their changes.
eCatholic Payments admins
New gift - An email including the details of the donation is sent to the alert email address(es) for the Donation form when a new one-time or recurring donation is made.
Changes to recurring gift - This email notifies account admins when a donor has made a change to the total or frequency of a recurring gift the organization had been receiving.
- Unprocessed voids or refunds - This email only notifies account admins when a refund or void did not process. Admins can then run the transaction again or personally reach out to a donor for more information.
- Expiring credit card - Admins will receive an email notification at the beginning of the month when a donor's account credit card is set to expire. The email will include a link to a Help Center doc that provides steps on how to help donors when their recurring donation is about to expire.
- Recurring transaction failures/errors - Admins will receive an email notification in the event that an established recurring transaction attempts to process, but results in an error or decline.