Bulletins page FAQs
Every eCatholic website comes equipped with a Bulletins page where you can upload and archive your weekly parish bulletin. Below are some frequently asked questions about the Bulletins page.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- How do I upload a bulletin?
- How do I delete a bulletin?
- Where do I find the Bulletins page?
- Why is the front page of the bulletin I just uploaded not appearing on the Bulletins page?
- My parish publishes bulletins in two languages. Can I upload two bulletins and assign the same date to them using the Bulletins page?
How do I upload a bulletin?
Follow these directions to upload a bulletin to your website:
- Export your bulletin to a .PDF file.
NOTE: It does not matter what publishing software you use to create your bulletin (i.e., Microsoft Word, Publisher, etc.), but, if you are having trouble exporting your bulletin as a .pdf file, some programs may require you to "print" the bulletin to a PDF format, instead of using the "Export" option (this may happen if you are using an Adobe Acrobat plugin).
- Log in to your website, and navigate to the bulleting page. If you don't know how to get there simply type "/bulletins" after your website domain. Example: myparishURL.org/bulletins.
- Once you are on your Bulletins page, click the + Bulletin button, located on the bottom left of your white Page Toolbar (pictured below).
- Select the date that corresponds with your bulletin, and click the + PDF File (pictured below).
- Choose the correct bulletin from your computer.
- Click the green Save button.
- Export your bulletin to a .PDF file.
How do I delete a bulletin?
Follow these directions to delete a bulletin from your website:
- Navigate to the Bulletins page on your website.
- Locate the bulletin you would like to delete from the menu on the left-hand side of the page. If you are trying to locate a bulletin that was uploaded outside of the current year, you will need to twirl down the appropriate year to find it.
- Hover your mouse over the bulletin you would like to delete and click on the trashcan icon (pictured below).
- When the Delete Confirmation window appears, click the red Delete button.
Where do I find the Bulletins page?
The Bulletins page is built-in to your website, and you will most likely already have a link to it in your Sitemap. If you don't know how to get there using your current site's navigation, simply type "/bulletins" after your website's domain. Example: myparishURL.org/bulletins.
If you still cannot find your Bulletins page, you can add a link to the Bulletins page in your Sitemap. Here's how:
- Open your website's Sitemap from your white Admin Toolbar.
- Drag-and-drop a Link from the bottom of the Sitemap settings, to where you would like it to appear in your Sitemap.
- When the Link settings open, locate the Link to Page option and twirl down the menu.
- Choose Bulletins from the menu options.
- Click the green Save button in your Link options and then be sure to Save your Sitemap changes.
Why is the front page of the bulletin I just uploaded not appearing on the Bulletins page?
The eCatholic Bulletins page is built so that the latest, most relevant bulletin remains prominently displayed on the page from Saturday to Friday.
Example: If today is Wednesday, Oct. 22, the bulletin from Sunday, Oct. 19 will display on your Bulletins page from Saturday, Oct. 18 through Friday, Oct. 24. Even if you upload the Sunday, Oct. 26 bulletin early, the Sunday, Oct. 26 bulletin will not display on your website until Saturday, Oct. 25.
My parish publishes bulletins in two languages. Can I upload two bulletins and assign the same date to them using the Bulletins page?
You cannot upload two bulletins and assign the same date to them using the Bulletins page.
A good alternative option is to use the Bulletins page for bulletins in one language as well as create another basic page to host the bulletins that are published in another language. On the new page, you can simply insert a Documents module, which will allow you to upload the PDFs of other bulletins.
Example: If you wish to use the Bulletins page to host your English bulletins, create another page titled "Spanish Bulletins". On the new "Spanish Bulletins" page, simply drag-and-drop a Documents module onto the page and upload your Spanish bulletins to that module.