Mass Times Module - How it works
eCatholic's Mass Times module allows Catholic parishes to easily add Mass times + details to the parish website. Instead of manually typing and formatting your Mass times in a Text module, let the Mass Times module do the work for you!
Pro Tip: Go beyond the Mass Times module. Make your Mass times pop using eCatholic MassTime™!
Add Mass times to your site
The first step is to add Mass times in your site-wide settings.
- Click Admin in the blue Admin Toolbar > Sacraments & MassTime™ > Mass Times.
Select a Mass in one of the three available categories:
- Regular Mass Schedule - Click Sunday Mass Schedule to add your recurring Sunday Masses; click Daily Mass Schedule to add your recurring Daily Masses.
- Holy Days - Click a pre-populated Holy Day to add your Mass schedule for that day.
- Special Masses - Hover your cursor and click the plus (+) icon to create a Special Mass (e.g., Baccalaureate Mass, Mass for the Unborn, or a Holy Day not currently in the pre-populated list).
Click the +Add Mass Time button to enter details for the new Mass Time, such as:
- Day - Use the Day drop-down menu to select the day(s) of the week on which the Mass occurs.
- When adding Holy Day Mass times or times of Special Masses, use the Day field to indicate whether it is a Holy Day Mass or a Holy Day Vigil Mass.
- Language - Use the Language drop-down menu to select the Mass language.
- Start Time - Select or type the time Mass begins.
- Notes - Add a brief note to appear next to the Mass time within the module.
Click the green Save button to close the New Mass Time dialog. Repeat the process for each Mass time you'd like to add. Once finished, don't forget to click the green Save button.
NOTE: Only Admins on parish websites have access to add/edit Mass times.
Drag and drop the Mass Times module onto the page
Navigate to the page on which you would like the Mass times to appear. Then, click Add Content > Core Modules, and click to drag and drop the Mass Times module onto the page.
Since your Mass times have already been added to the site (Step 1), you can simply drag-and-drop the Mass Times module onto any page. Your Mass times will automatically populate within the module.
Select the Masses you'd like to display
Once you've added the module to the page, click the Settings icon that appears when you hover your cursor over the module. This will open the Mass Times Settings dialog. Use the checkboxes select which Masses you'd like to display on the page: Sunday Masses, Daily Masses, Holy Day Masses, and/or Special Masses.
Choose a display format
As a final choice in the Mass Times Settings, you can also choose a display format: Compact, Normal, Large, X-Large (examples pictured below).
Don't forget to publish the page once you've made all your changes!
Editing or deleting Mass times
You can return to the Sacrament Times + MassTime™ interface to edit or delete Mass times at any time (see Step 1 above).
- Click Admin in the blue Admin Toolbar > Sacrament Times & MassTime™ > Mass Times.
- To edit an existing Mass time, navigate to the specific Mass and locate the time you'd like to edit in the Masses tab. Then click the Settings icon (pictured below) for the Mass.
- To delete an existing Mass time, click the individual Mass time's Trash can icon.
- Navigate to a page that contains the Mass Times module
- Click the Mass Times module's settings icon.
- Then click the Edit Mass Times button.*
Editing Mass Times - Shortcut
Here's a quicker way to access your site's Mass times:
*Remember, only Admins can add, edit, or delete your site's Mass times. Publishers or Authors will not see the Edit Mass Times button in the Mass Times Settings dialog as pictured above.