Navigating the Interface
Let’s take a tour of your website’s interface. The interface can be broken down into two basic areas:
- The Admin Toolbar - Blue toolbar at the top of the interface
- The Page Toolbar - White toolbar at the bottom of the interface
The Admin Toolbar
The Admin Toolbar contains several controls that allow you to edit your site's global settings (i.e., settings that affect your entire website). Here's a breakdown of each element of the Admin Toolbar:
- Edit Website - Selecting the Edit Website tab puts your website in Edit Mode. Whenever you log in, this tab is selected by default since this is the mode you’ll use most often as you work on your website.
- Files - Files opens your website’s File Manager. Your site’s photos and documents are stored and managed here.
- Design Studio - The Design Studio tab allows you to change your website’s theme, homepage layout, and other site-wide design elements.
- Admin - The Admin tab is where you can view and edit site-wide settings as well as manage your list of Admin Users. (These are the people who can log in and edit your website.)
- Payments (eCatholic Payments only) - If eCatholic Payments is enabled on your website, Admins will also notice a Payments tab in the Admin Toolbar. This opens the Payments Center, which is where you can run reports, manage accounts, issue refunds, and more.
- Sitemap - Click on the Sitemap tab to open and edit your sitemap. The sitemap gives a high-level view of all the pages and groupings of pages on your website. Go here to add new pages, delete pages, and rearrange pages using drag-and-drop.
- Admin Preferences - Your username will appear in the Admin Toolbar. Click it to update your name, email address, or password.
- ? Icon - The Question Mark Icon is a quick link to the eCatholic Help Center.
- Notification Center - The Notification Center alerts you of 1) unpublished website edits, 2) submissions to your online forms, and 3) files that have been placed in your site’s trash bin.
- $ Icon (not pictured, trials only) - If you're on a 30-day trial, click the Dollar Sign Icon once you're ready to purchase your website. Hover over the icon to see how many days are remaining in your trial.
The Page ToolbarWhile the items in the blue Admin Toolbar control site-wide settings, the items in the Page Toolbar specifically affect the page you’re currently working on. Here's a description of each element of the Page Toolbar:
- Add Content - The Add Content button gives you access to the different modules you can drag and drop into the page. (Hint: You’ll use this button very often as you edit your website!)
- Page Settings - The Page Settings icon allows you to control specific page settings such as the page’s navigation name.
- Trash Can Icon - The Trash Can Icon lets you delete the page and its contents.
- Padlock Icon (secure pages only) - With the Padlock Icon, you can update or change the password that visitors use to access a Secure Page.
- Add Subpage - Clicking Add Subpage creates a subpage of the current page.
- Revert - The Revert button functions similar to an “undo” button; however, it is not a step-by-step undo. The Revert button returns the whole page to its last published state.
- Publish - The Publish button makes any changes you’ve made to the page live on the web for your visitors to see.
How Admin User Roles affect your interface
The features available in your interface depends on the Admin User role you have been assigned. Here's a list of the features each type of user can access.
Can access all features in the Admin Toolbar and Page Toolbar.
Have access to the following features on assigned pages only:
- Admin Toolbar: Edit Website, Payments*, Admin Preferences, ? Icon, Notification Center
- Page Toolbar: Add Content, Page Settings, Trash Can Icon, Padlock Icon, Add Subpage, Revert, Publish
Have access to the following features on assigned pages only
- Admin Toolbar: Edit Website, Payments*, Admin Preferences, ? Icon
- Page Toolbar: Add Content, Trash Can Icon, Padlock Icon, Add Subpage, Revert